Friday, July 8, 2011

Here I Go!

I've been thinking about starting a blog for a long time now, but I wasn't sure where to start or even if anyone would want to follow it.  Today I decided to just go for it - who really cares if anyone reads it or not?  It's a good place for me to get my thoughts down as well as document my (sometimes exciting, often mundane) day-to-day moments as a stay-at-home mom. 

Being home with my kids is very rewarding, and it has led to some fun new hobbies recently.  I got an entry-level DSLR camera for my birthday last year (thanks to my awesome husband!), and I have been taking the time to learn how to use it and to capture as many childhood memories for our kids as I can.  I have a lot to learn in the world of photography, and I am excited to share my experiences here on this blog.

I have also recently taken up baking (and a little home cooking), inspired by some fantastic blogs that I follow and will probably link to quite often.  Even though I'm working on losing baby weight from my last pregnancy, I simply cannot deprive myself of home-baked goods.  So I really need to start going to the gym regularly...Anyway, I'll share some recipes here and try to post photos of finished products as often as possible.  I'm working on compiling some of my family's "famous" recipes, which I'll attempt to recreate in my own kitchen (with Lilah as my sous-chef, oftentimes).  Email me any of your family's "famous" recipes, too!  I love adding new meals and foods to my repertoire, even if I'm not always sucessful in executing them.

With three children ages two months to three years old, there's quite a bit of comedy in our household, although it's usually hindsight comedy when it comes to the chaos.  My newest mom philosophy has become, "This, too, shall pass...and soon become a great dinnertime story."  So I'll happily share my daily follies with any of you who would like to read them, and hope you get a kick out of the craziness that is a part of my daily routine.

If I can figure out how to do it, I'll leave you all with a parting photo of my darling family, taken the other night when Lilah asked if she could feed "Baby Reed" a bottle...

Of course, Grady had to get in on the action, too.

Okay, folks, that's all for now.  We'll see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment