Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Beauty of Motherhood

As you may have noticed, I'm working on "redecorating" my blog, trying to make it reflect me.  I've been thinking long and hard about what direction I want to take it in, whether I should focus on just one topic, and what I want it to look like.  It will be an evolutionary process, that is the only thing I am sure of.  I can't decide just what it will be, that is boxing myself in too much.  But I have figured out something I'm pretty excited about, and that's my new subtitle, if you will, to the blog: The Beauty of Motherhood.

When I was thinking about whether to focus on one topic (photography? parenting? cooking?), I went around in circles trying to figure out which way to go.  The only thing I kept coming back to was my day-to-day life as a stay-at-home mom.  It's certainly cliche and may sound trite, but being home with my children is the hardest and most rewarding job I can imagine having.  It's tough at times, but always, always beautiful.  I get to spend my days with these wonderful little people who bring tremendous joy to my life.  They love me unconditionally, as I do them, and we truly enjoy our time together every day.  That might mean an impromptu photo shoot one day, or a new craft another, or a day of baking in the kitchen.  It's always new, and I learn as much from them as they do from me.  And now I've found a way to share all of that, with this blog.  I've followed a few "mommy blogs" for some time now, and I love the network/community that it creates.  When you're struggling with an aspect of parenting, want to share something wonderful your kids did, or learning a new skill, there's a whole world of support out there and people to learn from.  I'm excited to be a part of the blog community and hope that my readers are as happy to have me as I am to have them.

Now, a few photos from the last couple of days:

The artist at work.

This kid is the epitome of mischief.

"Um, hi, I look just.like.my.daddy."

Lilah, pretending to be sad.

And pretending to be mad.  I swear this girl will be on stage some day.
Well, good night all.  I hope you like the new direction I'm going in.  My next post will be from beautiful, rural Vermont.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment